Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WELCOME FROM THE FUTURE!





Heidi and I made it in to Chicago on Amtrak, then Bellwood by Metra, and then picked up by Noe on his lunch break where we ate at a greasy burger joint (I had my last Italian beef and sausage combo for a while), and then he dropped us off at the airport. We flew through check in, and now we have about 3 hours to wait before we take off on Aer Lingus flight ei126. The plus is that the weather is super nice and clear, plus it’s A/C’d down to about 70 degrees inside where we’re at, while being smokin’ hot outside. Also, our plane is already docked at the terminal. It’s been a fun and only a slightly busy day.


Hello Again,

Heidi and I arrived in Shannon Ireland where it’s 6 hours ahead of Central and obviously 5 hours ahead of Eastern time. We were expecting to head to Dublin and then go to London from there, but there was apparently a change in flights. Either way, we’re enjoying our time here. The delightful Irish accented flight attendants brought us a wonderful meal including tea. I don’t think I’ve ever had a hot beverage on an airplane before, they sure were polite though. Heidi also enjoys the fact that the Shannon airport has a shower in the bathroom along with a vending machine that sells chewable toothbrushes. The “Gents” bathroom has a nice tile wall… atleast that’s what I thought it was until I saw a little boy come up an start peeing on it…then I realized that the wall was actually a unique urinal. I took a picture, and am posting it for you. The silver pegs that you see actually have a constant flow of water and the drainage flows from left to right down one single drain…yeah, I thought it was awkward too.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for picture posts!!!

    I'm glad you made it safely! It sounds like you had lots of fun in Shannon!!! :D

    I hope you guys have a FANTABULOUS time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm so glad everything has been going so well for you guys!!!!!
    I hope you have an AMAZING time in Europe!!! I'm so jealous! :)
    I will continue to pray for you both, and wish you the best in your travels and new life in Texas.

    p.s. watch out for those gypsies, though.....they really sneak up on you with those babies.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea for an adventure in Europe! Thanks for blogging... have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got the report that you were in Holland with the aunts. It sounds like they sure enjoyed the wedding pictures. Jessie and Tom made it back to Michigan today.

    ReplyDelete