Friday, June 19, 2009

Relaxing Before the Wedding

Heidi and I finished up packing and have been hanging out near our home town at Heidi's grandparents cottage. We haven't had very good access to the internet, so I apologize for not getting more updates to you, but that's pretty much out of my control.

Heidi's sister Jessie is getting married tomorrow. We've been helping out with last minute wedding setup. Heidi is actually getting a manicure and pedicure right now for the wedding while I start packing up our backpacks with our essentials for our Europe trip. Last night I went golfing with my mother-in-law, and it was great! We started golfing at 8pm, and finished at 10pm. We stopped when we were unable to see the hole to putt into if we took the flag out and stood 15 feet away. If our drives weren't landing in the center of the fairway we would have had to stop earlier, but somehow we were able to keep going. We managed to get 15 holes in, and we both golfed quite well...surprisingly.

As far as pre-trip planning goes, Heidi and I got our gore-tex running shoes for our trek through Europe. They're supposed to be very comfortable, light, yet water repelant and breathable. Our shoes were the last of our purchases before we get there. My grandparents also e-mailed some relatives in London, but we haven't heard back from anybody in GB yet. It's my understanding that they might not check their e-mail all that often though, but it'd be great to get in contact with them. Heidi has a second cousin, from the Netherlands though, her name is Ria. We've been in constant communications since about two weeks ago.We are really excited to meet her. It sounds like we've got a place to stay, a tour guide, and transportation while we're with Heidi's relatives.

In case you were wondering, the Brabila's did make it up to stay with us this weekend. We had a ton of fun. Heidi has some pictures of the Brambila kids enjoying their farm trip on facebook. Everything went very well...except Emma isn't a fan of the smell. Not only were the Brambila's able to come visit us, we also sold our car, two great blessings, and slightly unexpected. A ton of thanks go to the Brambila's for taking care of getting our car sold. They did a lot of the grunt work.

I've been studying Greek as we've been relaxing. My goal is to learn the alphabet and pronunciation enough that I can start memorizing vocabulary. I definitely need prayer in that area. Learning a new alphabet/pronunciation/and language is quite difficult in the beginning...and from what I hear, it doesn't get much easier after the beginning. Well, I guess I should stop typing and start memorizing. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. ummmm...and why aren't you getting a manicure and pedicure TJ? Your nails are just aweful! JK. It's good to see everything is working out. God has prepared you two very well.

    ReplyDelete