Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 17

It is Thursday morning. I'm typing outside looking at the Sea of Galilee. It is our last day in this area. Wednesday we were in northern Israel. The landscape is very different from south or west Israel. They grow bananas, cherries, apples, avocados, and other things up here. We even stopped at a road side stand to purchase freshly picked cherries. To me it looks like the promised land.
We walked down to waterfalls near Caesarea Philippi, which is were Peter says Jesus is Christ for the first time (Acts 16:13-20). Since this waterfall is near the "land of Jordan and of Hermon", the psalmist may have been thinking of this location when writing Psalm 42. "As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?"

No comments:

Post a Comment