Saturday, October 24, 2009

Texas State Fair






Not much new going on since our last post except we went to the fair. The fried coke was terribly disappointing. It was donut holes that apparently had coke in them with a thick coke sauce over, even the cool whip wasn’t good. However the tornado taters where delicious which is thinly sliced potatoes that are fried with cheese sauce which tasted like a mixture of potatoes chips and French fries.
We had some native Dallas friends show us around and we had a lot of fun. We saw Big Tex and a whole lot of people eating fried turkey legs (no utensils just holding it with their bare hands and biting into it.).

5 comments:

  1. The fair sounded like a lot of fun! I need ot go to one sometime. :D Mmmmm, the turkey leg and tornado taters sound delish!

    Thumbs up to TJ's shirt! I just got back from the AF retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and I love those last two pictures! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA!!! 9 months since your last post?!?! Huh-uh...not okay.

    Whats going on in your life?! I haven't talked with you in ages! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed Rebecca! There is a lot going on and I should make a post. I'll try to do it this week. Do you have a facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woops...didn't see this.

    No, I don't have facebook. =) Much to my friends dismay...it drives them crazy. Lol.

    ReplyDelete